Thursday 3 July 2014

Exhausted is a HUGE understatement.

Hi all,

Sorry for being so absent, we are desperately trying to settle into a routine at home and that is not easy in the slightest. We have many factors to content with, the biggest being having to get to the hospital every morning...4 days down- We don't know how many to go! At least tomorrow, Monday and possibly longer but we shall see.

Another is that I am just. so. tired. I could sleep pretty much day and night if I was given the chance. My feed is 1500 calories daily, and I am used to living on more than that. My weight is going to have to be closely monitored because I am now moving around more than I was (okay not much) but I am still using more energy than I was lying in hospital in bed (getting in and out the car, trying to use my legs, sitting up more than lying down. It all equates to energy usage) and I was still losing weight quite often there.

I need a lot of help, which sometimes I feel guilty for as the whole house is running around after me. I hope that as we get used to things there will be a lot more I can do for myself, and even if I can't things will be done more efficiently and wont take as long so that it doesn't feel constantly like everything is about me. I am also a very stubborn independent person and that doesn't fit in with needing constant support! So it's all a matter of adjusting.

I went to Nanny's yesterday evening for a shower which is not ideal! We are lucky that nanny has a wet room downstairs. But getting me in the car, then out the car, getting me into Nanny's house, then have a shower (By this time I am irritable and beyond exhausted- and Mum is exhausted too) THEN get me back in the car, and out the car and back into our house. It just makes life harder than it needs to be.

Lastly, I am worrying about school work. My family and I are all paying for me to do an Oxford open university course and I am stressing that I am just not going to get it done. I don't have the energy to do it right now, and time is ticking. Do I stop now or do I try and cram all the work after my surgery? Advice on that one would be really helpful.

Thanks everyone,

Chloe xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chloe. Praying for you today. That God will hold you close and that you would find your peace, energy and comfort in Him. You are a cherished child of God! x

    ReplyDelete