Monday 30 June 2014

Morning! (colon transit study day)

Well,  today marks the start of my Colon Transit Study which will go on for the next week. This involves swallowing a small capsule in the hope I can keep it down, to perform the test. The capsule contains small markers which will pass through my digestive system and I will have x-rays everyday to see where they have reached. This test will focus on my large bowel and how it functions. Just to make sure it isn't affected like my stomach. I am pretty apprehensive as we all know now how I am affected when I have to have things go into my tummy, to say it isn't pleasant is a huge understatement! But these tests need to be done to benefit me in the long run. because it is a small tablet it should pass through my stomach, and it doesn't matter if it takes a long time - as the test is performed over a week. It will just be a problem if I can't keep the tablet down to begin with!

We are also hoping and praying to see the surgeon today, to discuss what is going to happen and find out roughly when I will be able to have my surgery. So fingers crossed for that too! If it is soon I will stay in hospital until the date, but if is going to take a while I will go home with the temporary NJ tube and come back in for surgery at a later date. To be honest, I hope it is soon- I just want to get it out the way before nerves really do kick in.

Today also, we are hoping to have the training to learn how to give medication and set up feed pumps etc, for the tube feeding. This comes from the community nutrition team so fingers crossed they have time to fit me in.

Other than that, I think today is going to be a bit of waiting around for different people. I am not feeling brilliant as I am unable to have any of my medication this morning due to the colon transit study needed me to have an empty system to begin the test.

Thank you once again for your ongoing support everyone,

Chloe xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment