Friday 18 July 2014

What's wrong with my legs? We have the answer.

I have seen the neurologist who has reviewed my scan and luckily there is nothing structurally with my body.
But after a neurological examination he believes that because my pain has been so bad my legs have been "put to sleep" (in his words) by the nerves. This is why they only movement I have is wiggling my toes slightly. The nerves have effectively stopped working to preserve themselves. 
The only way this will be managed is with slow but steady physio therapy. And how long till I walk? That's sort of a 'how long is a piece of string' question. 
I'm upset. Yes I know it could be so much worse, but it certainly could be better. I wish they could just give me some sort of time span, or a magic pill and say "hey! this will make you walk again"
With my other problems and upcoming surgery it's going to make it even harder to get them moving again. I wont be able to bear the physio until they get my pain under control, which at the moment just isn't happening. 

But, through it all I remain strong, I have to.

Thanks everyone, Chloe xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment