Monday 21 July 2014

Nothing like a cannula insertion to wake you up!

Well, now I am awake I may aswell update! 

Yesterday not a lot happened until late afternoon when the rheumatologist came back and confirmed the fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue. I just feel like the list is getting longer and longer. But I suppose at least if they know what is going on, the know how to treat it.

The doctor explained that my case is chronic and that i will need a lot of rehabilitation. All this news at once was a bit overwhelming, especially as I had just woken up! But, I am grateful that someone has given me an answer as to why I am in so much pain. Sometimes when your pain is unexplained, staff treat you differently because they cannot appreciate how much my body actually hurts, but when there is a label (i hate that word!) people begin to appreciate that the pain is very real and needs to be treated accordingly.


The pain management team should be coming to see me today to give me pain relief more suited to fibromyalgia, I am hoping and praying that this gives me some sort of break from the constant pain I am in, even if it is only for five minutes! 

I should hopefully get the results of my colon transit study tomorrw so will let you know when I know. I am honestly not sure what the outcome will be. I may also see the physiotherapists, as I did not see the yesterday. 

It is just a matter of stablising the pain, getting a care package in place etc... 

Thanks everyone :)

Chloe x



No comments:

Post a Comment