Saturday 26 July 2014

Please be okay!

Yesterday the on call Doctor appeared in my room. He began to that explain that some of the results from my big blood test the other day had some back, and one wasn't very good news.

The 'Cortisol' levels in my blood were very low to the point it would be dangerous just to leave them. But, as he did the test later on in the day it is not alway reliable. So, I had to have another test and I am stil awaiting the results. The second test wasn't as bad as the first one. The Doctor took a small amount of blood, then injected me with a hormone like drug and repeated the bloods half an hour later. 


The idea being that the hormone should make the pituitary glad produce cortisol more quickly and send it to my adrenal gland. If this doesn't happen, there is a big chance I will need to go on steroids for the rest of my life.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, I feel like once I am stabilising one thing, another brick comes and hits me in the face.  There may be a chance that the test was just done at the wrong time of the day and that is what I am clinging on to.

Thanks everyone xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment