Saturday 9 August 2014

The tube is in use!

This morning bought another big allergic reaction which they now think is doe to the steroid injections. Unfortunately the steroids aren't something that can be stopped but they can now be crushed and put down the jej tube rather the IV form down my picc line which seemed to be causing the difficulty. 

The jejunostomy tube is now in use....


It's making me very bloated and adding to the pain but I need to continue on with it. 

The last problem is that I haven't opened my bowels since surgery, despite having picolax- a bowel prep. Dr. S said this is a very important part of receiving from surgery on the small bowel, as the bowel often goes to sleep which we don't want to happen, as my stomach and large bowel already don't work. There is still plenty of time for the picolax to work so we shall see! 

I have a drain in my nose which is a very thick tube that goes into my stomach and drains the contents so I feel less sick, it's pretty disgusting but really helps. 

Thank you for keeping in touch everyone, and continuing to support me on my journey,

Chloe xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there lovely!! You are doing so well coping with all of this horrible stuff. If you ever need to talk feel free to PM me. I don't know you personally, bu I've watched your struggles - some very similar to mine. Sending thoughts your way ��

    ReplyDelete