Monday 18 August 2014

HOME!

Well, What a day full of a roller coaster of emotions.

We had a big team meeting today. In my small hospital room was an occupational therapist, physio, doctor, nurse, social worker, Mum and I! At first I wasn't going to attend, but when they said it was being help in my room I thought they better had.

Everyone was surprisingly proactive in getting me what I need (finally) to at least make do at home for now. We are awaiting a hoisting system, narrower wheelchair and ramps to be delivered home just to make our lives that tad easier, as I know looking after me and making sure I am comfortable is unfortunately hard enough. 

I will be having a substantial care package and two carers will be at my home regularly to check I am okay and help with basic needs. Then the district nurse will also be involved in the background. 

This all means, after nearly 4 long months....

I AM GOING HOME :D

On Wednesday, I will be leaving the hospital and going back home where I belong. I am scared but SO excited. 

Thanks everyone,

Time for the next chapter in my journey! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment