Tuesday 26 August 2014

Amazing bank holiday!

Last night we had an amazing home and Binton social club, who welcomed me with open arms and got into the fundraising spirit! Bobby and Miles dedicated me some great songs that they played, we met some wonderful people and raised £300! 


This is the first fundraising event I have been part of myself which meant so much to me. But the generosity didn't stop there. The members of the club would like to hold another fundraising show for me too! I am just so overwhelmed by the kindness of people that were once strangers, but are certainly now friends. I feel so lucky that I live in a network of villages that work together so well as a community. 

I even managed to get in a game of pool, and I have to say I didn't do too badly! It will take some getting used to but Fred was great at wheeling me around and Jess and I certainly had an entertaining game! (Fred and I also did a rather cool wheelie!) 


Today I will be spending the day in bed trying to shake off the exhaustion and pain that follows an incredibly busy evening. But I try not to let it defeat me,and remember although I am in agony now I did have a really nice time! I do wonder though how long I will actually manage to stay awake today. 

Thanks everyone! I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment