Sunday 29 June 2014

A typical day for me in hospital.

So, I thought I would give you an idea of what a typical day is like for me right now, so this morning out came my note pad and pen and I have been recording the days events.

6:45am
Nurse: "Chloe...Chloe! Wake up! Your blood pressure is very low...."
Me: "What time is it?!"
Nurse: "6:45am..."

I may as well stay awake, I thought.

7.20am
IV Cyclizine (anti sickness)- resistance on vein, hopefully I wont need another cannula

7.40am
Bed change time- I get out of bed and feel like I am going to faint; that will teach me for getting up too quickly!

8.00am
New shift of nurses for the day..Luckily no grumpy ones (in fact they are all very nice!)

9.15am
Medication via NJ tube, a little later than usual...I feel sick despite having anti sickness

Nothing apart from physical observations until lunchtime now.

2.00pm
I must have slept right through lunch time medication, as the nurse administers it through my tube- oops! I woke up to a blood pressure cuff and oxygen levels probe...That's how I knew it was roughly 2.00pm (It's the same time every day)

2.15pm
Nanny arrived to visit, we went down the the faith centre...It was nice to have a change of scenery!

4.40pm
Nanny left, so I caught up with facebook.

5.00pm
The ward dinner time, it smells of chilli con carne...must admit I am feeling jealous.

6.00pm
Blood thinning injection in my tummy, and medication via NJ tube.

Tonight Grandma and Granddad are coming to visit.


So that's a snapshot of what my day is like :) Thank you!

Chloe xxx


2 comments:

  1. You're such a good writer Chloe, you should write a book! Your strength of faith is such an inspiration and I will be praying for you. Keep blogging!
    Love Sophie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so strong Chloe. Life has thrown lots at you and you have come out the other side. You inspire hope into me and lots of peoplexx

    ReplyDelete