Saturday 28 June 2014

As the day draws to a close...

I would like to thank everyone so much for the overwhelming response of support, love, praise and good wishes. To those that have offered time, expertise and man power- thank you! To those that have donated already- thank you! The support myself and my family feel is just what we need to pull us through this difficult time. I have faith that we can get this done :) It is a huge weight off our shoulders to know that we are not alone. Sometimes asking for help is by no means easy, but it sure is rewarding!

I have had an okay day, my spirits have been high which has distracted me from the fact I am still in hospital when I was supposed to be going home yesterday. I am distracted from the fact I am in hospital over a weekend, when NOTHING happens.

Monday marks the beginning of another test down at nuclear science- a colon transit study. This will test parts of my gut the last test couldn't, to check it is functioning. The test will take five days and I will be discussing with the doctors on Monday whether I stay in hospital for the week or go home and come back every morning. Although I would like to go home so very much, this will take it's toll on myself and my family which will have to get me to and from Coventry every day.

I am getting sick of tests if I am honest. Most days I feel like a bit of a lab rat, but I know it is in my best interests, which is why I am putting up with it for so long! This morning I had my daily blood test and I just had my medication (third out of 4 medication times in one day) and daily injection to prevent blood clots as I am in bed constantly.

I hope tomorrow is as proactive as today!

Thanks all,

Chloe xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment